Urgent and Important Notices – አስቸኳይ እና ጠቃሚ ማስታወቂያዎች
Effective November 2021, all non-US citizen passengers required to show proof of vaccination to enter the United States from any departure point. That is in addition to the Covid19 PCR negative test result needed to board all flights.
Important: Current Ethiopian temporary visa policy update:
Ethiopia Temporary Ban On Visa on arrival for people of non-Ethiopia origin.
(E-Visa service has restarted).
Ethiopian Immigration has suspended issuance of visa on arrival for holders of foreign passports and who were born in any country other than Ethiopia. If stated place of birth is other than Ethiopia, an electronic visa online or visa from the Embassy in country of residence must be secured before flight date.
This does not apply to:
- Passengers with an Ethiopian Origin ID Card (usually referred to as Yellow Card), regardless of their nationality;
- Passengers with a foreign passport stating Ethiopia as a place of birth;
- children traveling with parents of an Ethiopia origin;
- Foreign nationals who secured online visa before 18 June 2021, provided that there is no Ethiopian Embassy or consulate in the country of their residence;
- Transfer and layover passengers; NOTE: Please Contact The Ethiopian Embassy or Consulate nearest to you for visa-related inquiries.
Ø All nationals who have a resident permit to Ethiopia shall be accepted whether their permit has expired or not. To get our reliable visa service, see our visa page by clicking here.
Covid19 PCR negative test needed to board all international flight